Port Dover & Norfolk County- Historic Photos 4

Norfolk County has a long and rich history that we wanted to display with these historical photos. These historical pictures are just a small sample of our past.If you have a picture you think may be of interest to our viewers please feel free to forward it to us and we will see if we can post it for others to enjoy.

The American Can Company, Simcoe, 1932. Built in 1929 and 1930, the company manufactured cans to supply the preserving industry.

The American Can Company, Simcoe, 1932.
Built in 1929 and 1930, the company
manufactured cans to supply the preserving industry.

Penman's Mill, Port Dover, 1908, dam on the right is the one that preceded Misner's dam.

Penman’s Mill, Port Dover, 1908, dam on the
right is the one that preceded Misner’s dam.

H.S. Falls Department Store, Simcoe, early 1900s, NM corner of Robinson and Norfolk St., Loen's in this location today.

H.S. Falls Department Store, Simcoe, early 1900s, NM corner of Robinson and Norfolk St.,
Loen’s in this location today.

Ivey's Dam and Mill, circa 1930, destroyed by fire in 1940.

Ivey’s Dam and Mill, circa 1930,
destroyed by fire in 1940.

Simcoe's former fire hall, corner of Talbot and Robinson St. with bell tower beside, circa 1915.

Simcoe’s former fire hall, corner of Talbot and
Robinson St. with bell tower beside, circa 1915.

Norfolk St., Simcoe, circa 1900, looking south, hitching posts, wooden walkways with the Norfolk House in the background .

Norfolk St., Simcoe, circa 1900, looking south,
hitching posts, wooden walkways with the
Norfolk House in the background .

City of Dover was an excursion boat out of Port Dover until it was sold in 1921, then provided similar services on Georgian bay until 1960.

City of Dover was an excursion boat out of
Port Dover until it was sold in 1921, then provided similar
services on Georgian bay until 1960.

West side of Norfolk St., Simcoe, looking north, H.S. Falls Department Store in the background, circa, 1898.

West side of Norfolk St., Simcoe, looking north,
H.S. Falls Department Store in the background,
circa, 1898.

Port Dover beach on a busy day, with the first Summer Garden's built over the water, built in 1920 and destroyed in a storm in 1929.

Port Dover beach on a busy day, with the first
Summer Garden’s built over the water, built
in 1920 and destroyed in a storm in 1929.

Norfolk House, Norfolk St., Simcoe, circa 1900 Four Norfolk hotels have been located here, all but the present one, fell victim to fire.

Norfolk House, Norfolk St., Simcoe, circa 1900
Four Norfolk hotels have been located here,
all but the present one, fell victim to fire.

Contact and Follow us on Social Media!

Events and Holidays

New Years Day Polar Bear Plunge
Friday the 13th
Norfolk Studio Tour
Annual Perch Derby
Norfolk County Fair
Lake Erie Interclub Sailboat Race
Port Dover Merchants Sidewalk Sales
Sunday Night Concerts in Powell Park

“Your source for Port Dover and Norfolk County historic photos 4
and local attractions and amenities.”

Escape to Dover | Terms of Use | Site Map | Designed, SEO & SEM by Spiderchoice Inc.